Terms and Conditions
All bookings, either confirmed or pending are subject to Canine Connection’s Terms and Conditions. Completion of the Dog Services Agreement Form or the online Dog Training booking form constitutes acceptance of these terms and your continued use of our services confirms your acceptance of the terms in force each time you use Canine Connections.The Terms and Conditions set out an agreement between ‘you’ the owner and Canine Connections ‘the service provider’.
General Terms & Conditions
Puppy Foundation Course & Puppy Junior Courses
- All dogs being trained must be fully vaccinated and on a regular flea and worm control regime. Proof of current vaccinations must be supplied before your first training session.
- No bitches in season may attend classes
- Pet Insurance is highly recommended. Owners are responsible for all vet bills, no matter how they are incurred.
- We accept no responsibility for loss of, or injury to, your dog whilst training with us.
- All dogs must be kept on a lead unless otherwise instructed.
- All children under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
- We believe using positive reinforcement is the most effective way to train dogs. We do not allow dogs to be handled forcefully during our training. The use of punishment as a training method has been proven to create negative side effects in dogs. Owners who are seen to use such handling methods will be asked to leave immediately and will not be offered a refund.
- No choke chains are permitted in class, flat collars or harnesses are recommended
- We accept no responsibility for any damage to, theft of, or from your vehicle. Please do not leave valuables in your car and never leave dogs unattended in a vehicle.
- Training sessions are held outdoors, and terrain may be uneven and slippery in places.
- We must be alerted to any behavioural problems prior to accepting a booking.
Should classes have to be cancelled due to bad weather or changes relating to Covid-19, classes will be carried out virtually via Zoom.
All classes are booked via our website. Email confirmation of booking including joining instructions will be sent following payment.
Group Classes & Virtual Classes
When booking a course please note that from your start date you must attend consecutive classes unless changes are made by the trainer. If you do not or cannot attend a class in the course no compensation will be provided.
A minimum of 2 weeks cancellation notice is required to cancel the whole course.
Individual Training Sessions , Packages and rolling clases
A minimum of 48 hours cancellation notice is required for 1-2-1 training sessions and rolling classes, except in the case of extreme emergency. Cancellation resulting with less than 48 hours notice will not receive reimbursement. A minimum of 2 weeks notice is required to cancel an entire package or block of rolling classes.
Please note that no refunds are available for online courses once booked.
- Canine Connections will not confirm any booking until a consultation has been carried out with the owner and the Dog Services Agreement form has been completed and signed.
- Full payment for services (agreed either at time of booking or subsequently) is to be made within 7 days of receipt of invoice or, by the date specified on the invoice via bank transfer.
- The owner must provide all items necessary for pets to be adequately cared for in the owner's absence. (i.e. collar, leads, food etc).
- All dogs must have a collar and ID tag
- The owner must provide Canine Connections with the name and contact number of someone capable of making a decision relating to the pet(s) in an emergency. If the contact is not available Canine Connections reserves the right to consult with a veterinary surgeon and then decide which is in the best interests of the animal.
- The owner is responsible for any veterinary bills, no matter how they are incurred, whilst pets are in the care of Canine Connections.
- Canine Connections must be alerted to any behavioural problems with their pets at the time of booking. Failure to do so may result in additional charges or cancellation of any future contract.
- Although Canine Connections holds Public Liability insurance, wherever possible pets should be insured by the owner. Canine Connections reserves the right to refuse a booking for any animal which is not insured.
- Owners must give Canine Connections permission for off lead exercise as per the Dog Service Agreement form.
- Canine Connections will care for your animal as you would, and whilst we will make every effort to ensure your pet is well looked after in your absence, Canine Connections cannot be held liable for any loss, injury or death to a pet either inside or outside of the home whilst in our care.
- A minimum of 24 hours cancellation notice is required for single walks/day care, except in the case of extreme emergency. Cancellation resulting with less than 24 hours notice maybe charged at the full rate. 7 days notice is required to cancel or change a full weeks worth of regular walks/day care. Failure to provide 7 days notice will result in full payment of the weeks walks/day care.
- All dogs being exercised must be fully vaccinated and on a regular flea and worm control regime.
- All dogs being walked will undergo a trial period to ensure that they are adequately trained and socialised.
- Canine Connections reserves the right to cancel the contract at any time & with immediate effect if the dog does not respond well to the walker and/or other dogs.
- The walker will apply personal judgment and cut short a walk if necessary because of extreme weather conditions (i.e. heat, thunder storms) for the safety of both the dogs and the walker.
- If dogs require a quick towelling off after walks towels must be provided and left by the front door.