Updated Position Statement on services provided by Canine Connections Dog Training as of 5th June 2020
Further to the latest government advice in relation to COVID-19: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/staying-alert-and-safe-social-distancing/staying-alert-and-safe-social-distancing
and guidance from the Canine & Feline Support Group: http://www.cfsg.org.uk/coronavirus/SiteAssets/SitePages/Home/29th%20May%202020%20Animal%20Business%20Guidance.pdf
, the following outline is the position of Canine Connections and applies to all clients.
Group classes will resume on Saturday 13th
June with the following new protocols. These must be adhered to by all clients with no exception.
- Only one handler per dog allowed in the training field. If you bring someone else along, they will have to wait in the car
- Maximum of 5 dogs and handler per class
- You must bring all your own equipment including water bowls, water, longlines, toys, mats (for puppy classes).
- All clients will need to park their car in the training field
- There will be no access to toilets
- Clients will be asked to wash their hands before and after classes - facilities will be available in the training field
- Clients must bring their own hand sanitizer
- Dogs will have to be kept apart with no dog to dog interaction
- Owners should touch only their own dogs
- 2m social distancing must be adhered to at all times.
- Clients will have their own designated area within the training field.
If you are or have been ill, have recently been to an infected area or in contact with someone from an infected area please follow the government guidance for self-isolation.
Please inform Canine Connections if you have been tested for the virus so we can issue a statement to the other owners.
Classes will now be paid weekly in advance. You will receive an invoice every Monday for the following class. Payment must be received within 24 hours in order to secure your place. Once payment has been received no refund will be available should you not be able to attend class.
All 1-2-1 training must take place outdoors with clients and trainer adhering to social distancing guidelines. Initial 1-2-1 consultations will now be conducted via Zoom.
We will continue to provide training walks and will follow the Handover guidelines set out by the CFSG: http://www.cfsg.org.uk/coronavirus/SiteAssets/SitePages/Home/Dog%20Walking%20and%20COVID%2019.pdf
If you are or have been ill, have recently been to an infected area or in contact with someone from an infected area please follow the government guidance for self-isolation. Please inform Canine Connections and we will discuss each case individually.
Thank you for your co-operation, Lisa & the Canine Connections Team.
Tel: 07531 357246
Email: [email protected]